- Schizophrenia: patients usually have less brain tissue
- Major Depression: scans show less brain activity in depressed brain
- Alzheimer’s: brain tissue significantly shrinks, hippocampus is usually the first region to go
- ADHD: less brain activity in the frontal cortex (area associated with decision making)
- OCD: high brain activity
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): hippocampal volume reduction (area involved in memory) and increased activation of the amygdala (area involved in emotional responses)
This is so important! I usually don’t reblog posts but people need to understand that mental illnesses are NO CHOICE! You cannot get over it, or snap with your fingers and just be okay again. It takes constant fixing and a lot of strength to get out of this.
So to everyone who judges people with mental disorders: people don’t get a choice to develop a disorder or not, but being stupid and telling them to get over it is a choice.
PLEASE DONT JUDGE THINGS UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND!
I see myself on a different angle to you. My angle makes me appear rather chubby and large, your angle makes me look normal. If people understand this and stop saying “but you’re not fat” it’d be so much better. I am fat when I look at myself. I don’t know what you see but if people could understand that angles make a huge difference…
thank u so much for this
One in five.
That’s how many anorexia sufferers die.
My friend just had someone in her family diagnosed with cancer. He has an 84% survival rate.
You are more likely to survive cancer than you are to survive anorexia.
That is how deadly this disorder is.
This is not a phase. This is not a diet.
This is life or death.
Thank you for this